[Eberly-center] This week at Eberly Center for Women Feb 1 - Feb 5

Office, Center_For_Women ECWomen at UToledo.Edu
Mon Feb 1 10:52:19 EST 2010

This Week at the Catharine S. Eberly Center for Women    Feb 1 - Feb 5

419.530.8570

Wed, Feb 3

Healthy Relationships 101

Discover the characteristics of healthy relationships, understand ways
to work at building your own relationships, and learn to recognize when
your relationship may be harmful.

6:00 - 8:00 p.m.

Fee:  $20.00

Thurs, Feb 4

Brown Bag Seminar

"Rebuilding Our Local Food System" with Paula Ross, Research Associate,
UT Urban Affairs Center

Libbey Hall, Main Dining Room

12:30 - 1:30 p.m.

Fri, Feb 5

Wear Red Day

According to the American Heart Association, 80% of heart attacks in
women are preventable.  As part of American Heart month, the Eberly
Center will be sponsoring weekly activities during the month of February
aimed at educating and promoting awareness about women and the dangers
of heart disease. This Friday, February 5th is Wear Red Day.  Wear your
red to work or school to help show your support and increase the
awareness about Women's Healthy Hearts.  For more information about
heart disease and what you can do, visit www.goredforwomen.org
<http://www.goredforwomen.org/> .   For a list of our American Heart
month activities visit www.womenscenter.utoledo.edu
<http://www.womenscenter.utoledo.edu/> .

Jan 18 - Mar 5

Art Exhibition

The Mona Project

Selections from the Athena Arts Society, one of the oldest professional
women's art organizations in the country.  This exhibit features their
"Mona Project" which consists of personal interpretations of the Mona
Lisa.

Eberly Center for Women  Mon - Fri, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm

Mar 15 - May 7

Spring Art Show

Call to all women artists!

Submission for the ECW Spring Art Show. Deadline is 4pm 2/15/10

Format for all submissions must be cd/dvd, photos, jpg or webpage link.

For questions or submissions, email patricia.tuschman at utoledo.edu

Women's Corps

We need volunteer TUTORS and MENTORS!!   If interested, call
419.530.8570 and ask for Patti or Angela.

Scholarships

We offer several scholarships for women in engineering, math and
science, women pursuing a second degree, Women survivors of domestic
violence, and women interested in business.  The scholarships are
awarded based on financial need, academic achievement, and the content
and clarity of the applicant's personal essay.

Applications for 2010-11 are available at the front desk in the Center
for Women, Tucker Hall 0168 or online at:  www.womenscenter.utoledo.edu
<http://www.womenscenter.utoledo.edu/>

Deadline:  March 15th, 2010

UPCOMING EVENTS