[Eberly-center] FW: This Week at the Eberly Center -notes in text below -

Office, Center_For_Women ECWomen at UToledo.Edu
Wed Jan 6 11:41:27 EST 2010

This Week at the Catharine S. Eberly Center for Women    Jan 4 - Jan 8

419.530.8570

Art Exhibition

Art-In a Woman's World

Dec 21 - Jan 15, 2010

Joint Art Exhibition of Tanzanian & US Artists

Gallery Talk - Wednesday, Jan 13   5-7pm

View the Art    Mon - Fri    8:30 am to 5 pm

Presented by: The Great Lakes Consortium for International Training and
Development, Arts Council Lake Erie West & The U.S. State Department
Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs

Thurs, Jan 21

Brown Bag Seminar

But Is the Country Ready? National Trauma and Women in Politics

With Jamie Barlow, UT Professor and Chair, Women's and Gender Studies

Libbey Hall, Main Dining Room

12:30 - 1:30 p.m.

Save the Date

2nd Annual Celebrity Wait Night

Thursday, February 25th, 2010

6:00 - 9:00 p.m.

The Toledo Club

235 14th Street

Toledo, Ohio  43604

$35.00 per person

Project Succeed Classes

Registration has begun for the Spring 2010 Project Succeed Courses

Check out upcoming classes at www.womenscenter.utoledo.edu
<http://www.womenscenter.utoledo.edu/>   or stop by the Center for Women
and pick up a brochure for all of our spring classes and workshops.

Tucker Hall, Room 0168

Women's Corps

We still need volunteer mentors for our Return to Learning Mentor
Program

for non-traditional women and tutors for 5th and 6th grade girls at our
partner school, The Ella P. Stewart Academy.  If interested call
419-530-8570 and ask for Patti or Angela.

Scholarships

We offer several scholarships for women in engineering, math and
science, women pursuing a second degree, Women survivors of domestic
violence, and women interested in business.  The scholarships are
awarded based on financial need, academic achievement, and the content
and clarity of the applicant's personal essay.

Applications for 2010-11 are available at the front desk in the Center
for Women, Tucker Hall 0168 or online at:  www.womenscenter.utoledo.edu
<http://www.womenscenter.utoledo.edu/>

Deadline:  March 15th, 2010