[Eberly-center] This week at Eberly Center for Women Apr 2 - Apr 6

Office, Center_For_Women ECWomen at UTNet.UToledo.Edu
Mon Apr 2 10:23:16 EDT 2012

This Week at the Catharine S. Eberly Center for Women    Apr 2 - Apr 6
419.530.8570 (All classes are free for UT students)

Tues, Apr 3
Women's Corps Meeting
4:30-5:30pm
Eberly Center Conference Room, Tucker Hall 0180
Please join us for our monthly planning meeting. We will be discussing the upcoming volunteer events and possibilities for the summer. Call 419-530-8570 for more information.

Thurs, Apr 5
Brown Bag Seminar
>From Take Back the Night to Men in High Heels to "Slutwalks": Deconstructing Popular Anti-Sexual Assault Events with Diane Docis, Coordinator, Sexual Assault Education and Prevention Program, and Sharon Barnes, PhD, Associate Professor, Department of Women's and Gender Studies
12:30 - 1:30 pm   Conference Room Tucker Hall 0180

OTHER EVENT

Tues, Apr 3
Brown Bag Seminar
Taking Care of Yourself While Taking Care of Your Aging Parents with Barbara Kopp Miller, PhD, Administrative Director, Center for Successful Aging and Associate Dean for Research and Quality, JHCEHSHS
12:00 noon   Health Education Building, Room 103, Health Science Campus

UPCOMING EVENTS

Thurs, Apr 12
Spring Art Show Reception
Come visit the center to view artwork from over 20 local artists. Refreshments will be provided and many of the artists will be present. Parking will be available in Lot 13.
5:00-7:00pm Eberly Center
Call 419-530-8570 for more information.

Tues, Apr 17, 10am-4pm
The Clothesline Project shirt-making session
Safe space for survivors of violence against women to make a shirt for the Clothesline Project. Women are encouraged to use one of their own shirts to decorate. Art supplies provided along with extra blank shirts. The Clothesline Project is a display of shirts created by survivors of violence against women and the family or friends of women murdered. The shirts encompass a range of experiences, including sexual and intimate partner violence, stalking, and sexual harassment. They make visible what is often hidden: the impact of violence against women on survivors and the reality of violence in our community. Shirts are given to the Clothesline Project to be included in public displays. Upcoming displays include April 19 on UT's Centennial Mall and April 21 at Take Back the Night. For more information saepp at utoledo.edu<mailto:saepp at utoledo.edu>.

UPCOMING WORKSHOPS

Wednesdays
Culture Building Institute
Sponsored by the Office of Equity, Diversity and Community Engagement, this was created to provide education and information about the topic of diversity and to engage the campus community in dialogue and discussion addressing relevant issues.
Apr 11  12:00 noon - 1:00
Eberly Center for Women Conference Room, Tucker Hall 0180
For faculty, staff and students.
For more information, call 419.530.7232.

For more information, visit us at www.womenscenter.utoledo.edu<http://www.womenscenter.utoledo.edu>
Follow us on facebook:  www.facebook.com/eberlycenterforwomenCenter<http://www.facebook.com/eberlycenterforwomenCenter>