[Irb] [EXTERNAL] Updated Research Pause Letter

Snyder, Hillary Morgan Hillary.Snyder at UToledo.Edu
Tue Apr 28 17:19:42 EDT 2020

All,
Please see the attached letter from Dr. Frank Calzonetti.  This letter indicates that the current pause on face-to-face interactions with human subjects on non-essential IRB approved studies will continue through May 30, 2020.  We will continue to monitor the conditions and if the situation indicates that the pause can be lifted sooner, it will be.  However, if your study has little to no direct benefit to participants, we encourage you to submit an amendment request to the IRB to modify data collection methods from face-to-face to remote methods at this time.

***Please read the FAQs at: https://www.utoledo.edu/research/rsp/coronavirus/#human.  If you believe you are the PI of an essential study, please notify the IRB via email (irb.biomed at utoledo.edu<mailto:irb.biomed at utoledo.edu>) or via the FYI xform in IRB Manager.  Once the IRB confirms that your study is essential, you can continue face-to-face interactions.***

If you have any questions, please contact me via email.

Sincerely,
Hillary

Hillary Snyder, PhD, CIP
Associate Director