[Irb] HRPP / IRB January 2022 update

Eckert, Jeanette jeanette.eckert at utoledo.edu
Wed Jan 26 13:10:33 EST 2022

Good afternoon,

A few updates from the HRPP office:

We released the most recent version (v5.1) of the "new IRB research" xForm on 1/18/2022. This is the xForm for submitting a new study to the IRB. Notable changes:

  *   We are no longer requiring the COI PDF form to be submitted for personnel on studies that are exempt AND unfunded. We will continue to require it for personnel on expedited and full board studies that are unfunded or internally funded. All personnel on studies with external funding will continue to complete their COI disclosure annually at https://coi.utoledo.edu/.<https://coi.utoledo.edu/>

  *   There is now a dedicated set of questions to request a waiver of parental permission. This will allow researchers to more clearly differentiate the processes of consent, assent, and parental permission for studies involving minors.

These changes will not appear on xForms in progress that were started before the update.

Spring cleaning: We will soon begin deleting older xForms that have not been submitted/completed, beginning with the oldest versions, because older xForms do not contain the same questions or have the same workflow/functionality as the newest version. I am aware that some of you may have some older xForms in progress for a new study that you still plan to (re)submit. In these cases, HRPP staff will reach out to you about bringing those xForms up to date. Please do not worry about losing past work!

If you have questions about the above or anything else, please contact me directly using the info below.

Jeanette

Jeanette Eckert, PhD, CIP (she/her)
Manager, Human Research Protection Program

Research and Sponsored Programs

CCE 2105, Mail Stop 1035
3000 Arlington Ave.
Toledo, Ohio 43614-2598