[Irb] [EXTERNAL] Research Updates

Lederer, Nicole E Nicole.Lederer at utoledo.edu
Tue May 19 10:46:53 EDT 2020

Good morning all,

We have some updates to research with human subjects to announce. Please see below and feel free to forward this information along to help spread the word.

  1.  We're excited to announce that we have joined ResearchMatch which is "a free participant recruitment and feasibility analysis tool for researchers" with over 140,000 volunteers registered. ResearchMatch is a good recruitment tool for both Biomedical and Social, Behavioral, and Educational research.

I encourage you to visit their researcher FAQ page at https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.researchmatch.org/researchers/faq__;!!LoBwcKfm!xh5fxx8NMeT1vCls4Au7sOfZAvPpUQLVfh2Ur3zsOh-mD4Yi7Z5sk8bYaScsM3hu1eY8$  to learn more.

To join as a researcher you can sign up at https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.researchmatch.org/researchers/__;!!LoBwcKfm!xh5fxx8NMeT1vCls4Au7sOfZAvPpUQLVfh2Ur3zsOh-mD4Yi7Z5sk8bYaScsM7SdETtL$ .

If you have questions that you are unable to find answers to on the ResearchMatch website, please feel free to contact Nicki Lederer at Nicole.lederer at utoledo.edu<mailto:Nicole.lederer at utoledo.edu>.

  1.  As part of the HRPP's efforts to provide continuing support and guidance to researchers conducting human subjects research, we are offering "IRB Application and Amendment Submission Training". The following website provides the training schedule and registration information.

https://www.utoledo.edu/research/rsp/irb/IRB-Training.html

  1.  We have created a guidance document on approved online tools for research activities, data collection, and storage. The document can be accessed using the following link:
https://www.utoledo.edu/research/rsp/irb/docs/HRPP-Guidance-for-Online-Tools.pdf

  1.  Information regarding the current research pause and guidance related research during the COVID-19 pandemic continue to be updated on the following website:
https://www.utoledo.edu/research/rsp/coronavirus/

Sincerely,
Nicki Lederer

Nicki Lederer, MEd